Choir Director/Organist Position Available
First Presbyterian Church of Lafayette is seeking a Choir Director/Organist
FPC is a small congregation with a strong choir supported by a custom built Tracker organ with a unique and warm sound.
We are looking for someone who loves to glorify God through traditional hymnody, choral music, and congregational singing.
The position description is listed below. If you feel that God is calling you to serve with us, please contact the chair of our Search Committee, Wendy Mayfield (email@example.com), with your resume and links to any video or audio content that you have produced.
CHOIR DIRECTOR/ORGANIST POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for music for church services both on Sundays and special occasions such as Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, etc.
Selects organ/piano music, choir anthems, and hymns (in consultation with Pastor).
Music should be appropriate to liturgical season, lectionary readings, etc.
Responsible for rehearsing and directing Chancel Choir
Responsible for hiring and rehearsing with musicians needed for special services and substitutions
Work with Children’s Choir Director to provide opportunities for singing in worship when appropriate.
Schedule and oversight of the maintenance of organ and pianos
Minimum of 20 hours (approx) performance/practice time per week
- The base salary is $18,000/year for this position and is negotiable based on the applicant’s ability and experience.
- 100% employer paid medical insurance benefits, provided through the Board of Pensions Affiliated Member Program.
- Eligible for paid time off and sick leave.
- Right of first refusal for weddings and funerals held in the church with payment in addition to salary
- A desire to serve Christ through the church.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with emphasis on organ/piano and choral music
- Knowledge of church music and liturgy (mainline Protestant)
- Previous experience working with choral groups